Re: Brasero improvements over the 2.26 release cycle

Philippe:

As Luis said I'm not against relicencing the library (and even the whole of brasero). It's just I wasn't aware of the issue at stake since I don't care much about licencing (which turns out to be a mistake). Regarding libbrasero-media, it shouldn't take long as I wrote all of the code but the two backends for :
- FreeBSD but the copyright holder agreed to the licence change
- OpenSolaris and I'm waiting for the answer.
Given the size of the latter file, I can easily rewrite it if need be but I don't think it'll be necessary.

A few questions:
- is using the same licence and wording as rhythmbox OK?

If Brasero uses GStreamer plugins directly, then GPL+exception would be
good for the the Brasero application.

LGPL seems a better choice for libraries that are intended to be used by
multiple applications.  If you use LGPL, for such libraries an exception
is not needed.

Brian