Re: Brasero improvements over the 2.26 release cycle

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 18:38 +0100, Philippe Rouquier wrote:
> - One last thing, if I want to relicence brasero as a whole what about
> artwork (and translation, and documentation) that was submitted?
> Should I require the permission from the people who did this (great)
> work? Otherwise, I will of course at least warn the submitters.

Documentation, at least, is a completely separate product, and
its license has no bearing on the license of any applications
or libraries.

As a tangent, though, if the Libbrasero-media Reference Manual
contains substantial code samples that you expect people to use
in their own applications, you should add an exception to the
FDL to allow this.  Something along the lines of "Code samples
in this document may be reused freely with no restrictions."
Luis Villa could probably advise something better.  It would
be nice to have a standard FDL+exception in Gnome.

--
Shaun