Re: on application focus navigation (was: On ctrl-tab)

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Paolo Borelli wrote:
> Well, I'd be happy to drop such hacks, but right now it is a "less of
> two evils" situation... without that hack pressing ctrl+v in a text
> entry in the sidepane would be pasted in the main text area. I'd love to
> have a good solution to this issue in gtk 3 :-)

This reveals my already apparent utter cluelessness in GTK UI
programming, but why does "making sure text is pasted in the right
field" also mean that "ctrl-tab can't exit the toolbar"?

This is obviously an ancillary question, but I'm very curious.

Does every GTK program that makes use of a text-entry in a side-pane
face this dilemma?  Like MonoDevelop or Brasero?