Re: on application focus navigation (was: On ctrl-tab)

Hi!

Am Donnerstag, den 26.11.2009, 14:27 -0500 schrieb Jud Craft:
> Does every GTK program that makes use of a text-entry in a side-pane
> face this dilemma?  Like MonoDevelop or Brasero?

Anjuta for examples does. We haven't added a hack like gedit that but
actually I am planning to do so because otherwise it is even more
annoying.

To explain the source of the problem a bit: The menu shortcut for "Copy"
is "Ctrl-C". Normally the keybindings for the upper most widget/window
is computed first which means that if you press "Ctrl-C" it will
activate the menu item. But "Copy" is bound to call
gtk_text_view_copy_clipboard() and as such, even if you have a GtkEntry
focused this will copy the selected text from the GtkTextView and not
from the GtkEntry. That is usually not what you want and as such a hack
was introduced to reverse the chain and call the top-most widget after
all other widgets, which usually means that the key-press has already
been handled before it reaches there.

Regards,
Johannes