Re: Answering why gnome-shell might not work for me (was Re: What does gnome-shell give us?)

Josselin Mouette wrote:
> The real killer for me is the dynamic application menu (or list of
> applications, or whatever it is called). I’ve always hated
> gnome-main-menu, and I don’t think I will like this more. Having the
> ordering of applications change is bad user interface; every time it
> changes, it means more time to find the application you are looking for,
> even though it might be right under your nose.

How big a problem is this? My experience is that the menu doesn't really
change that often once you've been using it a while and so you get used
to the ordering.

> The plain 2-level menus in the current panel suck, but they have one
> thing that dynamic systems don’t: reliability. Whatever application you
> are looking for, you can find it in 2 clicks and 3 mouse movements, and
> they are always the same.

That reliability is still there, it's just four clicks away.