Re: Module proposal: dconf

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Alberto Ruiz <aruiz gnome org> wrote:

> Large deployments shouldn't mess with the local users' configuration.
> Probably specialized backends for GSettings like an APOC or plain LDAP
> one would be a much better approach to manage large deployments.

Maybe; I am personally really skeptical in general of swapping out
[local system] for [remote system] without significant engineering
work in caching, latency, etc.

The laptop case of transient network disconnection is especially hard.

Anyways, there does exist right now
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/dconf/tree/bin/dconf.c
and I don't see how one could avoid having a tool like that.