Re: gnome-panel & gnome-applets?

Hi!

For example, I cannot personally consider the shell as usable as long as
it features those unusable two-dimensional iPhone menus - not counting
the fact I don’t own hardware that can run it. The panel’s menu is
simply better thought.

Sidenote: check jhbuild of gnome-shell, it has categories again in the menu. So in the future, please don't express opinion on things that you haven't tested. And again this thread is not about gnome-shell features but about what we provide as fallback or what the future of gnome-panel is.

If some interested people would put more resources into the gtk3-branch of gnome-panel there would be less discussion.
Milan and Germán were kind enough to start working on it: http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-panel/log/?h=gtk3

Thanks and regards,
Johannes