Re: Libtool versioning made easy (was Re: Converting libraries andpluginsto use gtk3

Le jeudi 01 juillet 2010 à 11:35 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod a écrit :
> However, do the libraries that break ABI all the time, really bump their major
> so-version with every break?

They don’t, and this breaks some systems. Any initiative that reduces
the amount of such breakage is welcome.

This is the kind of reason why we had, for example, to set a different
soname downstream for libeel.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.
: :' :      “Fuck you sir, don’t be suprised when you die if