Re: GNOME 3.0 in March 2011

Hi!

> Something like "If you wrote a python plugin for GEdit/Rhythmbox/Totem
> then you need to rewrite/fix it to use pygobject gobject-introspection
> if you want it to work on GNOME 2.32 and GNOME 3.0"?

Wouldn't it be more useful to just release a gedit 2.30.5 for 2.32 and
focus on getting all this plugin porting stuff done for 3.0 in a clean
way?

I mean, feature freeze is in one week technically and we delayed the
release now which means people really don't expect us to be totally
awesome for the 2.32 release. We can pull in all the simple features but
I don't think it's a good idea to put too much effort into that for
modules that already got along for 3.0 pretty well.

I think that should be the same for the GSettings conversion if we
cannot use the gconf-backend for 2.32. I really wouldn't like to ship
both dconf and gconf for 2.32 because it's going to be a mess.

Let's face it: We are delayed! And we are OK with it!

Regards,
Johannes