Re: [Fwd: Proposing new external dependency for Empathy: libfolks]

On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 17:37 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 08:23 -0700, Travis Reitter wrote:
> > Just to clarify a little, it would look like this:
> >
> >   telepathy                e-d-s
> >       |                      |
> >       V                      V
> >     telepathy-vala     libebook-vala
> >                 |      |
> >                 |      |
> >    +--------+---+------+-----------+
> >    |libfolks|   |      |           |
> >    +--------+   V      V           |
> >    |      TpPersona   EPersona     |
> >    |               \ /             |
> >    |                V              |
> >    |            Individual         |
> >    |                |              |
> >    +----------------+--------------+
> >               <applications>
>
> Does that mean that, when I sync from Evolution, I'm loosing a part of
> the information constituting an Individual ?

What kind of syncing, specifically?

libfolks' Personas are designed to stay synchronized with their original
sources (through their per-backend PersonaStore, which I left out of the
diagram above for simplicity).

If the EContacts in e-d-s change state (eg, you synchronize them from
another addressbook, change them in Evolution itself), libebook will
signal the changes, EPersonaStore will handle the signals and update its
EPersonas (including adding/removing full EPersonas, as necessary), and
each EPersona will signal the changes. The Individual will notice the
changes and update its exposed attributes (and emit its own signals).

Does that answer the question?

Regards,
-Travis