Re: [Fwd: Proposing new external dependency for Empathy: libfolks]

On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 09:19 -0700, Travis Reitter wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 17:37 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 08:23 -0700, Travis Reitter wrote:
> > > Just to clarify a little, it would look like this:
> > >
> > >   telepathy                e-d-s
> > >       |                      |
> > >       V                      V
> > >     telepathy-vala     libebook-vala
> > >                 |      |
> > >                 |      |
> > >    +--------+---+------+-----------+
> > >    |libfolks|   |      |           |
> > >    +--------+   V      V           |
> > >    |      TpPersona   EPersona     |
> > >    |               \ /             |
> > >    |                V              |
> > >    |            Individual         |
> > >    |                |              |
> > >    +----------------+--------------+
> > >               <applications>
> >
> > Does that mean that, when I sync from Evolution, I'm loosing a part of
> > the information constituting an Individual ?
>
> What kind of syncing, specifically?
>
> libfolks' Personas are designed to stay synchronized with their original
> sources (through their per-backend PersonaStore, which I left out of the
> diagram above for simplicity).
>
> If the EContacts in e-d-s change state (eg, you synchronize them from
> another addressbook, change them in Evolution itself), libebook will
> signal the changes, EPersonaStore will handle the signals and update its
> EPersonas (including adding/removing full EPersonas, as necessary), and
> each EPersona will signal the changes. The Individual will notice the
> changes and update its exposed attributes (and emit its own signals).
>
> Does that answer the question?

I'm not sure. Say I have a "central" server where I store my contacts,
and 2 workstations syncing to that server through Evolution. If I add
some information (e.g. a Facebook id) to an Individual with Empathy on a
workstation, will it appear on the other workstation ?

	Xav