Re: Request for GNOME 2.32: Metacity 2.30.2 breaks majority of themes (patch)

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 9:19 PM, Brandon Wright <bearoso gmail com> wrote:
>
>> Specifically, all the default themes have an obvious error in the
>                                                                 ^^^^^^^^
>> close button's X. If your resolution is too high to see it with the
>> naked eye, screenshot it and zoom in. The cause is antialiased line
>                                            ^^^^^^^^
>> functionality supplanting existing aliased lines instead of
>> supplementing them.
>
> Seems like you are contradicting yourself here. Either the error is
> glaringly obvious and we should be really embarrassed to have released
> with it, or you can't see it with the naked eye, and then, who cares ?
>
> Which one is it ?
You've got the tools--with metacity 2.30.3, switch to Clearlooks, look
at the X and judge for yourself. I tend to notice things like this and
think it is quite detracting, and as a theme author I really dislike
the undocumented change in behavior. The lack of response and notice,
however, makes me second guess whether it's really important to anyone
else. I'm just trying to ensure that this remaining point that wasn't
fixed gets attention, and there isn't another long-persisting nuance
like the missing corner issue that still haunts the metacity wikipedia
page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Metacity-screenshot.png