Re: Moduleset Reorganization -- Take two

Hi!

Michael Terry <mike mterry name>, Fri, 8 Oct 2010 10:30:14 -0400:

> On 8 October 2010 03:13, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
> >> The best solution IMHO would be to import PO files for all
> >> applications, and integrate them into Damned Lies. Else, we're taking
> >> the risk of losing consistency, and « moduleset » won't mean anything
> >> in the end.
> >
> > I am afraid that the problem is not to import PO files in damned-lies
> > but to commit them from damned-lies to the repositories. And we have to
> > find a solution for this while keeping the current permissions that are
> > specific to git.gnome.org.
>
> From a Launchpad perspective, a translation branch can be imported
> from git into a bzr branch in Launchpad.  This would involve zero
> change from an LP maintainer perspective (currently, there is a bzr
> branch in LP for translations that gets written to by translators
> through the web interface; maintainers merge that branch before a
> release).
>
> So the trick then would be having Damned Lies import pot/po files from
> a bzr trunk.  Then GNOME translators can edit them in git like they
> like.  Then LP can import that translation branch with changes.
>
> Eh?

I think that would be very acceptable to GNOME translators, while keeping
the main development at a location of developer's preference.

(CC'ing gnome-i18n as this is definitely of interest to the members of that
group as well.)

Best,
Petr Kovar