Re: GNOME Moduleset Reorganization vs. L10N

Hi!

> I suspect a GNOME instance of Transifex will solve this, as long as
> the upstream maintainer chooses to use GTP instead of another
> translation community. What are our main problems for projects not
> hosted on GNOME servers?

The main problem is that external projects often don't allow
translators/Transiflex to commit the translation directly to the
repository. This adds a manual step in the translation process which
doesn't always work as we have seen in the past with various freedesktop
and other projects. Some maintainers simply aren't able to handle the
extra workload in time so we have delays especially in the development
versions.

And of course even commiting to git.gnome.org from an automatic system
hasn't been handled yet because of security issues.

Regards,
Johannes