Re: external dependency review for 2.91

Bastien Nocera wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 11:11 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 22:44 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > > Hi, I looked over the external dependencies for 2.91 [1]. I've bumped
> > > the recommended versions to current versions in many places. There are
> > > some places where we need to bump mnimal versions:
> >
> > We'll probably also need to add libsocialweb. nautilus-sendto for GNOME3
> > will depend on it, as well as the "Web Accounts" panel for the
> > control-center.
>
> I've done a tarball release and added libsocialweb to jhbuild to that
> effect. I've also cleaned up the dependencies on nautilus-sendto.

It depends on librest, is it also proposed?

It depends on gconf and dbus-glib, are there plans to migrate to
gsettings and gdbus?

And more fundamentally, as we are reorganizing our modulesets, what
was the motivation to add this as an external dependency, instead of
proposing it as a GNOME module?

        Frederic