Re: no way to change theme or fonts in System Settings?

On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 11:15 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
> > The story I've heard is that we haven't supported themes because we
> > make no guarantees about CSS class stability: CSS support was a nifty
> > thing that was added so that we could put up a couple actors and mold
> > them like clay into our mockups very quickly and easily. With the
> > gnome 3 release, I doubt we'll add have a theme switcher out of the
> > box.
> >
> > We've accepted patches to add API to make it easier for people making
> > third-party theme switchers: SardemFF7 has one, a random guy from
> > deviantart (not half-left) has another, and there's also
> > gnome-plumbing and gnome-tweak-tool.
>
> Thanks for the info, Jasper! Is there a blessed/recommended tweak tool
> that people should be suggesting when we get asked these questions?

gnome-plumbing never existed. I would point people to John's
gnome-tweak-tool.

Note: I don't think we should be 'recommending' such a tool as a part of
the GNOME 3 experience. GNOME 3 is great as is, and people shouldn't
need to change it. If they desperately want to tweak, they can, of
course; and John has provided an easy way to do it (go John!)

Allan
--
Blog: http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/
IRC: aday on irc.gnome.org