Re: Using .tar.xz only on ftp.gnome.org

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 03:02:12PM +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> I also read with interest the xdelta stuff. The assumption seems to be
> that many people downloading tarballs have the previous version already.

As the previous install-module generated those diff files I assumed
there was a usecase. So I wanted to ensure it still works.

> I would be interested to see download stats for the xd3 files once they
> go live! xdelta3 is very cool, even if few people use it.

Due to the feedback from the last discussion, I didn't develop it. I can
do so, should be relatively easy in the new 'install-module' (actually
called ftpadmin; install-module would be an alias)

Instead, I am rewriting some release-team scripts in Python (combining
in ftpadmin).

--
Regards,
Olav