Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center [was Re: GNOME Feature Proposal: Backup]

So as the Deja Dup maintainer, life will go on when you drop support.
Worst case, I can just make the panel a dialog.

But dropping the existing API feels like a frustrating bait and
switch.  It was not clear (at least to me) that this was your
intentional all along, so myself and others made plans and put effort
into making panels.

Maybe next time you could whitelist the plugins you want or force
people to compile with -DI_PROMISE_I_AM_BLUETOOTH so that 3rd parties
don't waste time.

-mt