Re: language/locale selector [was: Re: Settings downstream would reasonably want to add]

On Sun, 15.05.11 22:01, Ross Burton (ross burtonini com) wrote:

> Let's try that again...
> On Sunday, 15 May 2011 at 20:10, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > (Background: I am
> > working on cleaning up all those little services that can change
> > locale/clock/timezone/hostname/... in the context of systemd)
> >
> In case you were not aware, in MeeGo 1.2 we've added a "clock" interface to connman. This mainly handles NTP client functionality but can also control (manually or automatically) the system timezone.
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=network/connman/connman.git;a=blob;f=doc/clock-api.txt

Ah, very interesting. This is good to know. Interesting place though, in
connman.

Hmm, do you happen to know where connman stores the high-level timezone
name? i.e. "Europe/Berlin"? We'd like to standardize some place for this
in the systemd context, and I am currently figuring out if we can just
adopt an existing solution.

Thanks a lot,

Lennart

--