=?UTF-8?Q?Re=3A_Using_the_Unicode_ellipsis_=28=E2=80=A6=29_instead_of_thre?= =?UTF-8?Q?e_periods?=

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 7:37 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy <pclouds gmail com> wrote:
>
>> So this change will be in en_US.po, not in .pot file? The reason is
>> many translators will simply copy the original string down. Even if
>> one knows about this, it's really hard to know which one is colon,
>> which is ratio by just looking at it.
>
> There's a translator comment which explains the special characters in
> the string.

Yeah. I remember seeing Bastien or someone complain about comments
about key names in gtk+ being ignored by translators. I would not
count too much on it.
--
Duy