Re: IM Integration: Let's demonstrate our languages in the Wiki

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 9:08 PM, Ma Xiaojun <damage3025 gmail com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM, Aron Xu <aronxu gnome org> wrote:
>> They are not engines, but wrappers, the glue of the engine and IMF.
>
> I'm sorry I didn't get your meaning.
>
> The IBus engine I find most problematic is ibus-table.
> ibus-pinyin also has some known issue.
> But it is said that all PinYin stuff would be based on libpinyin someday.
> ibus-chewing also have quite a few open issues that I haven't studied.

OK, detailed version:

Basic PinYin engine and table engine are usually maintained by the IMF
author as the first feature when starting the IMF. ibus-pinyin's
algorithm was previously implemented as scim-python. In short, yes,
currently ibus-pinyin and ibus-table are engines maintained by IBus
people.

What I've said just now applies to the support of all other engines
including libpinyin and chewing. libpinyin and libchewing are separate
projects maintained by other parties, when someone would like to use
them under a specific IMF, he needs to write a glue layer of IMF and
the engine, using APIs provided by both sides. So ibus-chewing is not
an engine, but just a wrapper maintained by IBus people.

--
Regards,
Aron Xu