Re: How long should it take to fix a obvious memory leak?

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 12:28 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
This is a fruitless discussion.

Let me explain a little what people are trying to communicate to you.
You're looking at this in a very rigid manner.

In an open source community, your credentials matter.  When your positive,
we're positive, if you're sour, well you're going to get a likewise
reaction.  If you're ultimate goal is to get the bug fixed then you' need to
social engineer to do it.  Sometimes that just means that you might have to
take over maintainership.  That's how a lot of people got to become
maintainers or core developers because the took something that annoyed them
and fixed it.  "Open" in open source means that you have the ability to
address problem directly rather than waiting on others.

This is nice answer.
But people didn't answer the OP question honestly.
They just try to prove that I was rude and try to make excuses of the OP bug.

Barring that, you'll have to be polite and observe the social niceties.
This should not be particularly new to you.  We do this every day not in
just in a open source project but in our daily lives.  All you're doing
right now is antagonizing people here and you're no closer to fixing your
bug, but instead you just have people mad at you.  It's a fruitless
discussion.

Sounds like your society is not big enough to have some opposites.