Re: Feature proposal: combined system status menu

Planning an ostree hackfest would be more useful I would say, instead of arguing over (another) new way of shipping code to users/developers/testers...

Once ostree is usable all this will be moot: let developers code the thing and once finished let everyone know that feature X can be tested with ostree...

Cheers,
Gil
(Sorry, sent from phone)

On Apr 24, 2013 11:50 AM, "Luc Pionchon" <pionchon luc gmail com> wrote:
On 24 April 2013 11:57, Florian Müllner <fmuellner gnome org> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Luc Pionchon <pionchon luc gmail com> wrote:
> The main point is that so-called "controversial" features does not have to
> be either a hard default, either rotting in a branch. They can be shipped as
> default, but with a way to revert them in the case they block the user.

Wait - are you suggesting to create a fork each time a controversial
change is made?

no.