Re: Suggestions for an official GNOME hosted document collaboration suite?

>Being a non-profit organization[0], I would assume so (but then I am
>not a lawyer).

Also no profit. Mozilla Foundation and Wikipedia.
No profit has another meaning. But also I am not a lawyer :)

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 11:59 PM, Julien Olivier <julo42 gmail com> wrote:
Le vendredi 14 février 2014 à 22:39 +0100, Florian Müllner a écrit :
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 10:27 PM, alex diavatis
> <alexis diavatis gmail com> wrote:
> > there is any legal issue that prevent gnome to introduce a per-user revenue
> > model, or in other words commercial services over open source solutions?
>
> Being a non-profit organization[0], I would assume so (but then I am
> not a lawyer).

I'm not a lawyer either, but "non-profit" only means that it is not
allowed to make profit, not that it cannot ask for a membership fee, as
long as it is able to justify this fee.