Re: Potential GNOME IDE

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
We want an IDE built with GTK+. Not only does Netbeans look bad in GNOME, it looks bad in every other platform, as well.

I have to agree with Reinout, but for different reasons.  We want an IDE built with GTK+ for reasons beyond aesthetics.  Dogfooding provides an incredible number of benefits when developing a platform.  A GTK+-based IDE is (hopefully!) going to be heavily dogfooded by the very people who are writing the code it relies upon.

-- Jim