Re: gnome-screensaver: Up for grabs?

On 27/07/16 15:24, Alberts Muktupāvels wrote:
On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 5:05 PM, Ikey Doherty
<michael i doherty intel com <mailto:michael i doherty intel com>> wrote:

    > For long time I already want/plan to merge gnome-screensaver into
    > gnome-flashback. It will give more freedom to make needed changes
    > without affecting any other users and/or sessions that still use
    > gnome-screensaver. So I guess I can say that we are not interested in
    > GNOME Screensaver as standalone module.

    ..So.. you're forking it, contrary to what you said above. Into your own
    gnome-flashback component.

With forking I mostly was thinking about gnome-settings-daemon - it is
maintained and used by GNOME. So I don't want to fork it to just add one
or two small changes and then maintain it by cherry-picking probably all
changes from original project.

--
Alberts Muktupāvels

Yeah we have the same problem over in Budgie, which leads us to then
implement all kinds of lying bugger kinds of dbus interfaces and
shims to make it all stick together (i.e. org.gnome.Shell, keygrabber,
etc ..)

 - ikey