Re: Continuous Builds in GNOME

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 1:03 PM Christian Hergert <christian hergert me> wrote:
On 06/06/2016 12:48 PM, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> I agree with you that when landing a big API change, if you don't want
> to use side branches, then a revert is less preferable to tagging in
> Continuous and branching in jhbuild. (In such cases, it'd be great if
> you could handle that before pushing the API change, though. :)

A couple weeks ago I wrote a quick hack to parse Continuous build logs
and extract CFLAGS for the built files. It can use this to then go
perform static analysis on the module with clang and extract/resolve all
function calls.

This is pretty cool!

The goal was to be able to tell us which API are used the most (and
therefore requires our attention to documentation), but we could also
use it to tell developers everywhere in g.g.o that their API is being used.

I would think the docs team would be also interested.  I wonder if we could create coverage maps using this..

I expect to build this out as I work more on documentation stuff for
Builder.

Excellent!

sri

-- Christian