Re: GitLab update: Moving to the next step

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 4:18 AM Germán Poo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> wrote:
On Thu, 2017-12-07 at 12:10 +0000, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> On 7 December 2017 at 11:57, Germán Poo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org>
> wrote:
>

> > Have you considered the backlash to GNOME that it may cause?
> > https://twitter.com/Amorelandra/status/938444347506180096
> >
> > I just learned about it.
>
> You should probably read the whole thread.
>
> https://twitter.com/puppetmasterd/status/938577068803088384
>
> And, yes: diversity is still an issue that we need to tackle [insert
> subtle reminder here about the code of conduct rework that the board
> is still working on and that I hope I'll see in my lifetime].

I did read it, and I found it unfortunate. The reason to remove
GamerGate was because of spam(!).

And the wording did not help that much either:

"The worst thing is that there seems to be systematic harassment of
people (especially women) by this campaign. If so this is terrible and
something that we absolutely condone."

They absolute "condone" harassment? I think the right word was
"condemn". But not clarification either.

If you scroll down in the thread past all the BS, Sijbrandij does explicitly clarify that "we absolutely condone" was a typo, and meant to say "absolutely can't condone".

Regards,
Philip C