Re: Librsvg 2.41.0 is released

On Fri, 2017-01-13 at 11:34 -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
Oh oh oh, we were talking about different things.  You are talking
about statically linking a library that registers a GType; I was
talking about two things (static or not) that link to a shared
library
that in turns registes a GType.

Yeah, your case would be a problem :)

That said, there is still a distro adoption problem. Our goal should be
to get the new librsvg into distros. Distros like Debian or Fedora
would be happy to package gtk-rs so librsvg can link to it dynamically.
Static linking is a significant barrier to adoption here.

Michael