Re: Retiring app menus - planning for 3.32.0

On Thu, 2018-09-20 at 15:07 +0200, Alexandre Franke wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 12:52 PM Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
To be honest, I'm not sure how successful the keyboard shortcut
windows
have been and I suspect that they're not being used a great deal.

What are you basing this on? Did you get specific feedback about
that,
or was there a user testing session that showed this? I have the
exact
opposite feeling, solely based on my own experience: I do use the
shortcut window often and I find it very valuable.

I also think that the least amount of user documentation is necessary,
the better. The keyboard shortcuts dialogue in Videos is invaluable.

Its contents used to be in the README file, which users wouldn't see,
the user documentation still shows the old interface (from 4 years
ago), and I'd rather not rely on user docs if I can help it.