Re: Proposal: Replace all references to master/slave in GNOME modules

I'm a little surprised that nobody has yet mentioned the elephant in the room. The definition of "git" is not very inclusive:

From https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/git:

British
: a foolish or worthless person

Or from https://www.thefreedictionary.com/git:

n. Chiefly British Slang
An unpleasant, contemptible, or frustratingly obtuse person.

n.
1. a contemptible person, often a fool
2. a bastard

Shall we install our own inclusive symlink for git now, to avoid potentially-unpleasant connotations? Or maybe just all switch to bzr? The main branch in bzr is called trunk anyway, no slavery there, clearly more inclusive. Better not get too cozy with GitLab. Or git too cozy, if you're from the American south.

Michael