Re: Proposal: Replace all references to master/slave in GNOME modules

Hi,

On Fri, 2019-04-26 at 11:12 -0500, mcatanzaro gnome org wrote:
Shall we install our own inclusive symlink for git now, to avoid
potentially-unpleasant connotations?
Would we be in the position of doing so?
My feeling is that we can control the branch names more easily than the
third-party binaries people execute.

But I've suggested a random string as the branch name which would avoid
the problem of somebody interpreting anything into the name, I believe.
I'm curious to learn whether it's an option and why.

Cheers,
  Tobi