Re: Replacing "master" reference in git branch names (was Re: Proposal: Replace all references to master/slave in GNOME modules)

I don't like the direction this thread has taken. It has devolved into infighting between one another, and as such I think it best to end it here. People have made their opinions known, and no more minds are likely to be changed in either direction with the tone of the discussion as it is now.

On Sat, May 4, 2019, 7:05 AM <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
On Sat, May 4, 2019 at 4:22 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
wrote:
> The person you quoted is a troll. In fact, I'm not sure there's any
> comments on that issue that aren't trolls (apart from the OP and the
> repository owner).

Ah OK then, fooled me because he took a such strong plausibly-sincere
stance against "master" in [1].

[1]
https://github.com/ContributorCovenant/contributor_covenant/issues/569#issuecomment-423285329

> This is the sort of comment that person made on another platform:
> https://dev.to/rkfg/comment/6bj4
> (yes, they're so useful that they just get removed, you can see
> snippets of the transphobic nature of them in the full thread if you
> want to read)
>
> I don't think you want to align yourself with this person.

I actually don't see any non-removed comments from him there, but I'll
take your word for it. Clearly not.

> The rest of
> your interactions in this thread and the original thread are coming
> out
> as disruptive for the sake of it. Is changing the default git branch
> really something you feel strongly about?

Well clearly I'm very unimpressed by the proposal and don't want to do
this, yes, but I don't think I have anything more to add to the
discussion at this point, so I guess I'll stop "disrupting."

Michael