Creating gnome based apps

Hi everyone,

I am trying to learn how to use gnome.  I have started doing some of the examples in the gnome docs, but there is no mention on how to compile gnome based apps. (The one I have been working on is the gnome_canvas example).
I include gnome.h in my app but it doesn't tell me what libs I need to link in.  Does gnome-config work in the same way as gtk-config?  If so then how do you make it work?

Thanks to anyone who can lead me to programming happiness:-)

Greg