Re: LGPL

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > So, I think I have a problem here, no ?
> > I don't want to force the executables containing my libraries
> > to use a certain license.
> > How I can manage this ?
>
> No, there is no problem if you use the LGPL.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think the problem he is having here is that the
LGPL allows dynamic linking with uncompatible licenses, but he needs to do
static linking, which is disallowed via the LGPL.

Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon

He'd been particularly pleased with Manchester.
        -- Crowley contemplating his achievements
           (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)