Re: Windows opening below Panel

> [from gnome-list ... it seems like a problem]
>
> On Wed, Apr 07, 1999 at 03:39:06AM +0000, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> > This only recently started and needless to say, it's quite annoying. As
> > my subject says, application windows, dialog boxes, etc are opening
> > below the Gnome Panel. In many cases, what is below the panel are the
> > "OK", "Cancel", "Help", etc buttons.
>
> I sort of forgot about this problem ... this IS a problem ... since we give
> the window manager a position for most windows, the window manager won't put
> it arpund the panel ...

How about an option for:

If the mouse is on the panel, the panel is on top otherwise it's
under all other windows.

George Farris - VE7FRG           E-Mail : george@gmsys.com
G.M. Systems,                  Web page : http://www.gmsys.com
2570 Seaview Road,            Phone/Fax : (250)743-1500
Mill Bay, B.C., Canada
V0R 2P0                       We do pre-installed Linux systems.