Re: gnome build tool

Hello hackers!

I spent some time studying gbuild and other tools, and divided the
desired features into three implementation levels:

[Already implemented]
* Sequentially processing multiple packages at a single invocation
* Source handling, such as CVS checkout, ftp downloads and unpacking
  the tarball

[TODO listed]
* Passing complex requirements via a 'response file' or 'rc file'
  (gbuild)

[Not found]
* Creation of deb package
* Analyzing dependency from the source file, and creating rules to
  resolve the dependency
* Caching system configuration information and user preference
* Generating error report

If you are aware of any, or working on or interested in implementing
a tool that does the last category, please let me know.

Zen

----------/* E-Mail : <atmczen@ibm.net > */----------