Re: BUILD: what I'm doing here

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Erik Andersen wrote:

> That sounds great.  GnomeHack (which I am the primary author of) would
> be the glad recipient of your spec file creating skills.   :)
OK, will do.

> The Debian build stuff is already taken care of for most all of Gnome,
> (including GnomeHack :), and there is a team of developers working on
> keeping the Debian stuff up to date.
Yeah, I've heard that they've got GNOME reasonably well covered.  Do they
do snapshots at all?

> Building both RPMs and DEBs on the same machine is possible, but would
> require a lot of work (i.e. a full chrooted Debian development machine
> needed since default account numbers, library dependancies init
> configuration details and such differ between RedHat and Debian).
The main problem in my case isn't the build environment (I use a chroot'd
RedHat already), it's the fact that I'm clueless about how to build DEBs.

Oh well,
       Omega

         Erik Walthinsen <omega@cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user