Assorted questions

Assorted questions.

1.) If I open gnumeric, create a worksheet, then try to close the app, I
quite correctly get a message box asking if I want to save my work.
Suppose that at this point I switch to another app which covers my
gnumeric message box, then return to gnumeric. I try to do something but
the message box appears to have some kind of modality and the app
appears frozen, giving me no indication that it is waiting for a reply.
This dumbfounded me for a short while, and it could easily frustrate a
novice user. Is this by design or am I missing something here ? Is it a
window manager problem ?

2.) I wish to attach scrollbars to my test app that uses the canvas. I
would like to browse some simple source code in an app that does this.
Any examples ?

3.) There appears to be a drawing bug/blemish in the toolbar of most
gnome apps when the width of the window is smaller than the toolbar
width. Check out the pixel in the top right of a docked toolbar. Can
anybody help me with a X windows magnifying glass app that I can study
pixel problems on the desktop with, much like Zoomin on win32.

/Lukas