Re: The game formally known as....

Tom Gilbert wrote:

> I very much like gnome-skrabble.
>
> Does anyone know if I could get away with this???
>
> Tom.

Ok, I must admit this is probably US Only... but here goes:

I was involved in starting a business a short time ago.  In the process
of doing so, I learned some VERY crazy things about US Trade Mark law.
1) It only applies to the market.  So in kitchenware you could use
Scrabble.  2) You cannot use something similar enough that it causes
confusion or takes advantage of the other products reputation.

I hate to tell you this, but #2 implies and has been used against
sound-alikes.  You are on VERY shakey ground in the US using Skrabble.

Trever