Re: Panel proposal

On Tue, Aug 24, 1999 at 11:04:48AM +0200, Tim Janik wrote:
> > the quicklaunch is not in the core, and doesn't properly follow size/orient
> > hints as far as I know (not that deskguide and tasklist do unfortunately)
>
> tell me what you want deskguide to do and you'll most probably get it within
> a few days ;)
> last i checked ;) deskguide did honour the panel orientation, but when i
> implemented it in the first place, the panel was lacking an interface for
> decent size negotiation with the applets. keep in mind that deskguide and
> tasklist are going to be part of 1.0.50, so we can only use what the panel
> will provide at that point.

There are defines so that you can figure out if you can do size negotiation.
Ans that thing that you were complaining about with get_size was fixed I
think.

#ifdef HAVE_PANEL_SIZE
#endif

One thing that I don't like about deskguide is that for my WM setup, I have
10 desktops, and I get 10 huge deskguide desktops taking up half a panel, as
messed up as gnome-pager was I liked the way it handeled it better (small
desktops stacked on each other)

Try how the panel is now setup on default (when .gnome/panel.d is missing)
I had to create another panel for deskguide because it would barely fit
on my 1200 pixels wide screen if I put it all on the bottom panel.

Although my bigger peeve is the tasklist which doesn't follow any hints as
far as I know, is hard to drag around because it doesn't have a handle,
etc... etc...

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: