Re: Bug status - gnome-terminal

> gnome-terminal: 3 grave bug(s) (may need GRAVE-izing still).
>      * #1246: gnome-terminal doesn't operate correctly on Solaris 2.6
>      * #1576: gnome-terminal fails on Solaris

Does anyone have access to a ssolaris 2.6/2.7 box/compiler, etc?  I'm
pretty sure this is a configure or automake or libtool bug (i think what
happens is that -lz gets put on the gnome-pty-helper link line,
which stuffs up when trying to run as a setuid binary, since
ld_librray_path is ignored - gnome-pty-helper doesn't need libz).

I can get a 2.6/2.7 box up, but i probably need to build all the gnu
tools on it first ...

Strictly speaking this should be in gnome-libs too, but its easier to
track here.

>      * #1690: gnome-terminal settings not saved on exit

I suspect this isn't a 'real' bug (at least as far as gnome-terminal
is concerned).

I'll go through and grave-ize things here (again), although i'm not
fond of gravizing normal bugs to track those required for a release.

One problem is users with weird configs never return emails of
suggested work arounds, so there's no way to tell whats wrong!

 Michael