Re: glist doesn't free mem

On Thu, Dec 02 1999, at 03:15:43 -0300, Aldrin Martoq A. wrote:
> Hello, I was wonder why my test app consumes more and more memory... So I
> make a little test and found that glist doesn't free !!!

This should probably be in a FAQ. I recently asked a similar question. :)
See the thread "Strange memory allocation behaviour" on the
gnome-devel-list.

I haven't yet looked at the implementation, but I was told that
GList doesn't always free the memory. Probably because memory allocation
and deallocation is expensive. But the alloceted memory won't grow
infinitely either. In my case it stoped at about 1MB. Try
running your loop a few more times, and you will notice that
memory allocation will stop at some point.

Regards,
--
Björn Andersson  <bjorn@lifix.fi>                        +358-50-3412556
Lifix Systems Oy <http://www.lifix.fi/>     Professional Linux Solutions