Annoying libglade problem

There seems to be a 'problem' with libglade which I can not solve. I am
designing my entire application using Glade so it includes thins such as
dialogs, about boxes, and a GnomePropertyBox.

One thing that can not be done in libglade is to get the toplevel widget
without DISPLAYING it. For example, I have a GnomePropertyBox - I want to
get rid of the 'Help' button /before/ the box is displayed - the only way
I can get the property box is by using glade_xml_new - I can not get it
with glade_xml_get_widget (with a different root widget (the application
itself))

Any chance for this feature to be added? I can still 'destroy' the 'Help'
button, but it looks ugly since the PropBox appears and then shrinks
(after the widget disappears).

Thanks