Re: Milestones document

On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 02:34:14PM -0600, James M. Cape wrote:
> > I was thinnking about a sort of preprocessor to create all the properties
> > code from a description of the peroperties themselves.  One of these days I
> > may actually write it :)
>
> While this may appear a good idea from the standpoint of "it is easy to
> code", it is a horrible idea from a UI standpoint, because the UI is not
> being touched by the author of the application, and this makes small
> tweaks to improve the UI impossible, because it is being autogenerated.

No you do not understand, the UI would be generated with glade

what this preprocessor/library/whatever would handle is interfacing a
libglade loaded dialog with gconf for you.  There is a lot of code you have
to do for this which can all be generated.

Or alternativelly, it would be better as a library annd the property
description and descriptionn of how to interact with the UI would be in
XML.  It would also have to be flexible enough that the whole shabang could
be extennded on the C level.

George