Re: Trouble compiling gtkhtml from CVS, autogen.sh fails

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 01:20:03PM +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> Why do you have acgeneral.m4 in $(prefix)/share/aclocal?

I have no idea how that got there.

> AFAIK, that is part of autoconf, and is usually found in
> $(prefix)/lib/autoconf.  If you have copies in both locations, that may be
> the cause of the problems.

Found the trouble; I had the duplicate acgeneral.m4 (actually a symlink)
that you spotted, and I also had a stray
ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /usr/local/share/aclocal" in my environment.  I removed
both of these, and I now get to the 'configure' step of autogen.sh.

Thanks for your help, James.

Zach