Re: Multihead support in window managers

Hi

nrvale0@pop.uky.edu wrote:

>   According to Xi( I'm no expert here ), what you are describing is
> not multihead but Single Logical Screen(SLS).

Ah, I see what you mean.

In that case, you should be able to load several distinct instances of the window manager. Not an ideal solution though. Maybe the X people have worked out a nice way for a single wm to work over multiple heads?
I tried a multihead setup with X3.3.5 and it sucked big time because you can only have one of the heads active at any time (and while one is active, the others no-longer update their display).

Oh well.

Chris Jones