Re: gnome_file_locate

eeyem@u.washington.edu writes:
> gnome-util.c, line 70: (gnome_file_locate)
> 	if(filename[0] == '/')
>
> This checks if gnome_file_locate was given an absolute path.  If the path is
> absolute, it adds that path to the locations list.
>
> Shouldn't this also support relative paths?
>
> If the user wants to try out the app before they run 'make install', I'd
> like to be able to specify something like "../pixmaps/filename.png" and
> have gnome_pixmap_file still return a path.

For debugging I usually do this:

filename = gnome_pixmap_file("blah.png");
#ifdef DEBUG
 if (filename == NULL)
    filename = g_strdup(TOP_SRCDIR"/pixmaps/blah.png");
#endif

where TOP_SRCDIR is defined in configure.in and passed in to the app
via a -D in INCLUDES. Look at 'gconf' in CVS for how to set up
configure.in and Makefile.am for this.

The ../pixmaps/filename.png thing doesn't actually work all the time,
since you can configure with --builddir=/somewhere/else

Havoc