Re: Replacing Imlib in the GNOME libraries

On 26 Jul, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

>> One (IMPORTANT) thing to note is that right now gdk-pixbuf only returns
>> GdkPixBuf's, which are just a wrapper around an ArtPixBuf.  This was done
>> to do refcounting.  However, libart is going to get a refcounting scheme
>> soon, so this will change.

This gdk-pixbuf library could be useful for me too,
but as I've understood it it loads images in an ArtPixBuf, and I can't
see how to render the ArtPixBuf into a GdkPixmap to actually show it,
"grep GdkPixmap *.h" on the libart headers gives nothing!

Can anyone give me a hint on this?