gnome-libs-1.0.12 core dumps on DU 4.0

Hi All,

I've been attempting to get gnome running on my Alpha using
Digital Unix 4.0.

After some struggle, I've complied everything (using egcs-2.91.66 and
several of the most recent GNU tools ) up to gnome-libs-1.0.12.

But when I run the test-gnome executable, I get the following core dump
message:

>    /ext1/gnome-libs-1.0.12/test-gnome> test-gnome
>
>   Gdk-ERROR **: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
>      serial 299 error_code 10 request_code 129 minor_code 5
>
>   aborting...
>  IOT/Abort trap (core dumped)

The gtk example programs seem fine, so I'm not sure if there is a
problem as such in gdk.

I'm also not certain if I've got orbit working correctly. I had to add:

#define _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED 1
#define WE_DEFINED_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED 1
#endif
#include <sys/select.h>
#ifdef WE_DEFINED_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED
#undef _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED
#endif

to  ORBit-0.4.92/src/IIOP/IIOP-private.h in order to get it to compile -

it couldn't find the select() stuff otherwise.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Edgar.